Performing the TP-Link extender setup is not a nuclear science and can be done quite easily if you follow the instructions given below carefully and patiently. Having a Wifi extender is necessary if you wish to increase the internet connectivity range of your router. Thus, in today’s post, we shall discuss how we can set up a router extender in a few simple and necessary steps.
TP-Link wifi extender setup
- The first step is to turn off the router you are using along with the modem and computer.
- After that, you have to connect the modem to the router’s WAN port.
- You can use the Ethernet cable for connection purpose.
- Now, again use the Ethernet cable and plug it in the LAN port of the router.
- Connect the other end of the same cable to the computer.
- Once you connect these cables, you need to power on your router and computer.
- Wait for some time and then power on the modem.
- Next, go to the web access page of your router which is www.tp-Link.com/us.
- Log in using the admin details of your router.
- Further, enter the username and password very carefully.
Now, you need to check the status page and see if the details in the WAN tab are correct. This will let you know that the TP-Link extender setup is done successfully or not.
TP-Link range extender setup without WPS
- Plug-in the extender to the power socket.
- Connect it to your PC using the Ethernet cable.
- From your browser, go to the tplinklogin.net or TPlinkrepeater.net page.
- Here, tap on ‘Quick Setup’ and select your ‘Region’.
- Tap ‘Next’ once again to initiate the scanning of available networks.
- After it is done, click on the ‘Next’ option.
- Further, you’ll be prompted to enter the password.
- Do so, and click on the ‘Next’ option again.
This is how you do the TP-Link extender setup without the WPS button.
TP-Link extender not connecting to the router
If you are not able to connect the TP-Link extender to the router, then you can push the WPS button on your router and see if the WPS LED flashes or not. If it still does not work, then you can try to push this button once again and see if it works or not. You can also check that all the cables along with the power cable are connected successfully or not. After verifying all the connections, your wifi extender should connect successfully.
TP-Link extender queries
How do I change TP-Link settings?
In the address bar of a web browser, type the IP address of your router and then hit the ‘Enter’ key. After that, you need to input the username and password of your router in the given spaces. Once you enter these details, click o the login/OK option. Usually, the username and password of the TP-Link routers are ‘Admin’ and ‘Admin’ respectively.
How do I access my router TP-Link?
In the web browser, type the IP address of your router. For the IP address, refer to the user manual that came with it. After you enter the IP address, hit the ‘Enter’ key and login to your router’s admin page by inputting the correct login details which by default are “admin”. Once you log in successfully, you can change or access any settings of your router.
What do I do if I forgot my TP-Link password?
You can navigate to the login page of your router and click on the ‘Forgot Password’ option. After doing so, enter the username/Email ID of your router and tap on the ‘Send’ option. Now, go to your inbox and check any mail from TP-Link. If it is there, you can follow the password reset instructions given in the email.
You can always visit the routerlogsetup.com page for TP-Link router setup or for setting up any router or wifi extender. Here, you just need to provide all the necessary details regarding your router along with its IP address. Make sure you change the default ID and password of your router to ensure that unknown people could not connect to your internet.