Linksys Routers are the most popular IT devices and known for their highly innovative features. It allows you to configure your dashboard properly in the most effective manner. The effective configuration helps you to make changes at any time, and from anywhere. The router also restricts the navigation of your devices on your network.
But sometimes, you may experience some problems while using the Linksys router. One of the major issues that many people have a complaint about is Linksys parental controls not working. This issue prevents you from performing many activities from your Linksys router login account. Whenever you encounter such problem with your router device, you must know how to fix it. Here, in this article, we have mentioned quick steps and a proper troubleshooting guide to fix the ‘Parental Controls Not Working’ Problem on Linksys Router.
What Causes Linksys Router Parental Controls Not Working Issue?
Before applying any method to troubleshoot the issue, you must know why Linksys smart WiFi parental controls are not working. There are many reasons that may cause such issue on your device. Given below are some of the most common causes for Linksys parental controls not working issue:
- An outdated version of the Linksys app installed on your device is one of the main causes for Linksys router parental controls not working issue.
- There might be some sort of real-time conflicting issues that can cause the parental controls not working issue on Linksys smart WiFi.
- If you are using the router in bridge mode, it can lead to various issues.
Quick Steps to Fix Linksys Router Parental Controls Not Working Issue
You can fix the issue simply by upgrading the firmware of your Linksys Router. This will help you to resolve the issue of Linksys smart WiFi parental controls not working issue. Before applying, this step makes sure that the time zone on your router and the devices are set as per the time zone of your current location. All you have to do is apply the following steps after proper Linksys router Setup:
- First of all, open a web browser on your system and type the default IP address in the address bar of your browser. Then, press Enter button.
- Enter the router login credentials, i.e., your username and password in the requested field and press Enter.
- Check if there is any update available in the new window.
- Click on the Update button and wait till the installation is properly completed.
- Now, visit the official website of TP-Link and enter the model number of your router.
- Navigate to the Support tab and download the latest firmware in your system.
- Now, select the hardware version as per your device requirement from the drop-down menu.
- Select the Firmware Upgrade option located under the Administration tab of router setup page.
- Click on the firmware file that you have just downloaded and till the up-gradation process is completed automatically.
The above-mentioned steps will definitely help you to fix some others issues as well you’re your Linksys router. Alternatively, you can also try for resetting Linksys Router to troubleshoot the parental control issues on your Router.
In conclusion, we recommend you to follow the above-mentioned guidelines thoroughly in case, you confront the issue of Linksys parental controls not working. The workarounds we have provided above are the proven remedial measures that you can try to fix any glitch. Just apply these steps to resolve all your Linksys real-time issues.