Netgear Routers are the most popular networking devices that are built with next-gen advanced technology. You can use these routers in homes or offices to connect your system with internet. However, you may experience some issues while connecting these routers with your devices. Generally, these situations arise when you might try to connect Netgear Router to internet just after resetting it.
Though it is quite frustrating when instances like Netgear router lights flashing problems occur, but you can apply various troubleshooting methods to fix it. Here, in this article, we have mentioned some effective yet simple troubleshooting steps to resolve any issue with Netgear Router.
Why Netgear Router Not Responds After Resetting?
There might be several reasons why your Netgear Router may not connect to internet after resetting. It is important to find the exact reason behind it. This will help you to resolve the issue effectively and quickly. Some of the common factors that cause such problem with your Netgear Router are given below:
- Overheating of your router or modem
- There might be some internet outage at the ISP’s end
- Improperly configured router settings or outdated router firmware
- Some technical issues with the Ethernet cable can also bother you
- Any kind of hardware issues with the device at which you want to access internet
Quick Methods to Fix Netgear Router Not Connecting To Internet Issue
As explained, there are various methods that you can try when Netgear router not showing up on network list to fix the issue. Among all the effective and best methods to resolve such issues, you can restart the entire network to bring it again into a working state. For this, remove all the cables attached to your computer and the router. Also, remove all the cables connecting the router power adapter from the electrical socket and wait for at least two-three minutes. After that, reconnect all the cables to their respective slots and turn on the router. At last, once your router comes in an active state check if the Netgear Router won’t connect to internet issues are fixed.
If you are still unable to access internet with your router, then follow the below-mentioned troubleshooting steps to fix the problem:
- Make sure whether the Ethernet cable connecting router and system are proper. If the cable is twisted or torn out, then you may face problems while establishing a wired connection.
- In case of wireless connection, make sure that the connection between the device that you are using to access the internet and wireless network is proper.
- It is very important to check whether you are using the correct wireless network password while connecting your system to the internet.
- If you are facing problems while accessing its official page, i.e., routerlogin.net in any specific browser or device, use another web browser or another device.
- Also check, whether the Ethernet cable connecting your modem and the router is working properly. Your modem must have proper internet connection to avoid multiple issues.
- Restarting the modem and router by re-inserting all the attached cables can also troubleshoot various issues.
- In case, if your Netgear router is still not connecting to the internet, check whether the router settings are configured correctly.
Hope, the above-mentioned information helps you to troubleshoot Netgear router not working after reset issue. If the issue still persists, you can use the Netgear installation assistant to further troubleshoot the issue. There are some specific router models that require authorization for the firmware upgrade. So, contacting their support team will help you to solve your issue more effectively and properly.
Frequently Asked Questions
What to do when Netgear WiFi stops working?
If your Netgear router stops working or if it is not connecting to the internet, try power-cycling your network. There might be some issues that can be resolved by restarting the device as this helps you to re-establish the internet connection.
Why is my Netgear router connected but no Internet?
There can be several reasons due to which you may experience a lack of communication between the modem and your Netgear Router. Make sure your devices have a stable internet connection. Besides, an incorrect wireless network passphrase also prevents you from connecting to the internet.