Could not make enough of the existing Wi-Fi router you have in your home? Worry not as there is a solution for you. You can simply install the Wi-Fi range extender in your house and enjoy high-speed internet connectivity without any interference. And, when it comes to installing a Netgear extender, then there is nothing better than a Netgear installation assistant. This assistant makes it easier for you to install the extender and enhance the current speed you are getting with your router. But, in order to use it, you must download the installation assistant. So, here we go.
Download Netgear installation assistant
You don’t need to download the Netgear installation assistant as it is an in-built program that helps you when you set up your wi-fi range extender. The installation assistant is available for models such as Netgear AC750 WiFi Range Extender, NETGEAR EX2700 wifi range extender, Netgear AC1200 WiFi Router, and Netgear N300 WiFi Router. Since you can only connect with the installation assistant during the extender setup process, therefore let us have a look at how we can set up an extender with the help of the Netgear installation assistant.
Wi-Fi range extender setup with Netgear installation assistant
Follow these easy steps to connect to the installation assistant and then use set up your extender:
- Plugin the Extender and wait for the Power light to turn green
- Now, using a wired or wireless connection, connect your device to the extender
- When the connection is successful, wait for the Client LED to turn on
- Further, open a browser on your device and enter one of the following URLs
- This will bring on the extender setup page on your screen
- Here, choose the option that says “New Extender Setup”
- Now, provide the asked details and choose “Next”
- Then, make sure that the given switch is towards the Extender position
- After that, choose the “Continue” button, select your router, and click “Next”
- When asked, enter the Network key i.e. the password, and click “Next”
- Configure the settings just like you do while Netgear router setup
- Now, connect your device to the extender and click “Continue”
- Click “Next” upon seeing the confirmation page
- The registration page will then show up on your screen
- Complete the registration and choose “FINISH”
This is how the Netgear installation assistant comes into action and lets you set up the range extender.
Commonly Asked Questions
How do I set up my Netgear WiFi Extender without WPS Button?
You can simply connect to the Netgear installation assistant to set up your extender. First, connect your extender to the pc and power it on. Then, go to the extender setup page and complete the registration. After that, select “New Extender Setup” and follow some easy prompts.
How do I connect my Netgear WiFi Extender to my router with WPS?
First, you have to set the access point or extender switch towards the extender position and supply power to the extender. As soon as you see the LED light blinking green, you have to press the WPS button on the extender. The connection will be established after which you need to complete the extender setup.
Why won’t my Netgear extender connect to my router?
There would be a network connectivity issue due to which you will not be able to connect your extender to the router. In that case, verify the network, reset, or power cycle the router. Else, you need to reset the extender to its factory defaults.
After you install a wifi router in your space and connect it using the WPS Button on Netgear Router, you should also install an extender along with it. Once you do so, you will be able to enjoy a high-speed internet connection and extend the range of your wi-fi range as well. If you could not set up your extender using the Netgear Installation Assistant, then you can navigate to the official webpage for more information on it.