Netgear is one of the best networking hardware because of its various features like easy compatibility, user-friendly, easy to use, and much more. Mostly, all the routers need a default IP address so users can log in to them. But Netgear offers their routers preconfigured to use www.routerlogin.net instead of the Netgear router login IP addresses.
You can simply connect the router to a desktop computer and use a browser in it. All you need to do is type www.routerlogin.net in the address bar and navigate to log-in page. Then, login using the user id and password and access all other features. But sometimes, you might face a Netgear router login not working issue. This problem mainly occurs when you do not know the default IP address of their routers. Whenever you face such issues, find the exact cause of that problem and some troubleshooting methods to fix the issue as soon as possible.
How do I set up Netgear Router?
It is very easy and simple to setup Netgear wireless router. You have to follow simple steps but before that, you have to decide the proper method to set up your router. You can use the web browser installed on your system to set up your router. Follow the steps given below to set up your router.
- Open any web browser and type in: www.routerlogin.net in the search box and press enter.
- Now, you will be asked to enter a User name and Password. Enter the User name as admin and Password as password.
- Then, a page indicating, “Checking the internet connection; please wait” a message will appear on your screen.
- Wait for a while till you prompted to start the wizard option. Select Yes is selected then click Next.
- When prompted, select your country from the Country drop-down box and then click Next.
- The Netgear will now detect all the mandatory settings required for its setup.
- Now, you have to enter your ISP User Name and Password. Once done, click on the Next button.
- The router will automatically save the details entered by you.
- A screen confirming the setup process is successfully completed along with the wireless details for your router will appear on the screen. It is recommended to keep these informations safe for future use to connect devices to the Netgear router via Wi-Fi.
A confirming page indicating all information about the Netgear router setup will appear on the screen. Once the above steps are executed, press that WPS button on Netgear router and check whether you can use the Internet on your system.
How do I fix Netgear Router Login Issues?
Sometimes, you can’t log in to the Netgear router because of some issues while logging in to your router. There can be multiple reasons for this problem. Whatever the reason is, if you are unable to access Netgear router advanced settings, apply the troubleshooting steps given below to fix your problem:
- Open the installed browser and type in your router’s default IP address in the search box. And visit netgear.com/home/services/routerlogincom/ to official page explaining all possible reasons for the problem.
- Try some other way to connect your router with your system. If you’re using WiFi mode, then use a wired Ethernet connection to connect it. There are various wireless connections, like if you are connected to the 2.4 GHz wireless band, then connect it to the 5 GHz band.
- Using your router with different devices like phones, tablets, laptops, desktops can also fix the issues.
- If your system is connected to multiple networks like wired, wireless, VPN, or a corporate connection at the same time, you may face problems while accessing your router’s web interface. Disconnect your router from any additional Internet or VPN connections.
- Temporarily turn-off and disable all the third-party pop-up blockers, firewalls, and ad-blocking software.
Once you are done with the above steps, power cycle your router, modem, and all other connected devices to make sure everything is working well.
Frequently Asked Question
Why can’t I sign in to Netgear router after internet goes down?
There can be many reasons for your Netgear router can’t log in problem. It may be due to incorrect login credentials, overheating Netgear Router/Modem, outdated firmware or settings change, faulty wires or some other technical issues, and many more.
How do you bypass a Netgear router login?
To bypass the Netgear router login process, open a web browser from your computer connected that is connected to the router’s WiFi network.
- Type in routerlogin.net or routerlogin.com in the search box web browser.
- Click the CANCEL button and then enter your router’s serial number followed by the click on the Continue button.
- Answer your security questions and then again click on the Continue button.
Why can’t I connect to my Netgear router admin page?
Though there are multiple reasons for this problem. Some of them are given below:
- An IP address issue on the system.
- Incorrect Username or Password.
- Entering the incorrect IP address, etc.