Setting up a Linksys router might seem complicated to some users as it requires them to go through a series of steps that they may find difficult. But, if you follow each step carefully, then undergoing the Linksys router setup with or without the cable will no longer be a hurdle for you. Therefore, this write-up is completely dedicated to solving the users’ problems of the Linksys wireless router setup or the wired setup. You can also use the Linksys Connect Software to set up your Smart Wi-Fi Router.
Linksys router setup using the cable
- Use the modem’s cable and connect it to the WAN or Internet port on the router.
- Now, you need to connect the computer with the router using the Ethernet cable.
- Then, plug-in the power adapter of your router to the power socket.
- Now, check that all the LED lights of the connected ports are lit.
- From your computer, go to the web-based setup page.
- For this, open a web browser and enter “192.168.1.1” in the search bar, and press ‘Enter’.
- Now, you will be asked to enter the login details.
- On the login page, leave the user name field empty.
- Then, in the ‘Password’ field, type “admin”, and click ‘OK’.
- When the ‘Setup’ page opens, select MAC Address Clone.
- Now, click on the ‘save settings’ option.
- As soon as the clone feature is enabled, you will be able to use the Internet.
Linksys wireless router setup procedure
To set up a Linksys wireless router, complete the steps given below very carefully:
- In case you see the antennas on your router, you need to connect them to the router.
- Then, connect the router to the power source and ensure that the power switch is towards the On position.
- Wait for the power light to turn on and then connect the Ethernet cable of the modem to the router.
- Then, you need to connect your secured Wi-Fi for which you will need the Wi-Fi credentials.
- Place the computer in the same room as your router.
- Use the web browser of your device, and enter “http://linksyssmartwifi.com” in its Address bar.
- Else, enter 192.168.1.1 or myrouter.local in the address bar and hit the Enter key.
- Select the checkbox next to the license terms and click ‘Next’.
- Follow some more prompts and change the name and password of your router.
- If the setup is successful, you will see the ‘Your router is set up’ message on your screen after which you need to tap on the ‘Next’ option.
How do I download Linksys Connect software?
- Go to the support website of Linksys i.e. https://www.linksys.com/
- In the product search field, enter the model number of your router such as E4200, E800, E900, etc.
- Then, you will be taken to the support website of your device.
- Here, you need to scroll down to find and click on the ‘Download software’ option.
- After that, choose the hardware version of your router.
- And, then choose your Operating System.
- Click ‘Download’ and select ‘Agree’ for accepting the license agreement.
- Run the setup file and set up your router using the Linksys Connect software.
How do I find the password for my Linksys wireless router?
- Find the ‘Linksys Connect’ under the ‘All Programs’ menu of your device.
- Now click on the router setting option on the main screen
- Under the personalize section you will find the router name as well as the password.
How to connect Linksys router to wifi?
First, you need to connect the router to the modem using the cable and then connect the Ethernet cable to your computer. After that, search for “192.168.1.1” from a browser, enter the router login details and follow some easy prompts to connect.
How to reset Linksys router?
In case you are unable to use your Linksys router due to some reasons or you have forgotten its username or password, then you may reset it to the factory defaults. Just press the reset button for at least 10 seconds, and your router will reset.
How do I get to my Linksys router settings?
From the search bar of any web browser, search for “192.168.1.1”. After that, you need to input the router login details when asked. From the screen that appears, you can configure the desired settings of your router.
Why is my Linksys router not working?
There could be different factors responsible for this issue. Most probably the ISP in your area is facing outages or your modem is outdated. Or, you might be using a faulty Ethernet cable or you haven’t plugged in your router properly. To fix it, remove the cables, wait for 10 seconds, and then connect them again.
We have discussed the methods to connect your Linksys router to a network. Both the wired as well as wireless methods have been explained by using the appropriate method and utmost care. If you still find the Linksys router setup method difficult, you need to get help from someone who has already done it or refer to the Users’ manual.