Arris Modems are mainly known for several features like 1.4 Gbps download speed, dual concurrent Wi-Fi speed of AC 1750 Mbps, etc. Arris routers support IPV4 and IPV6 versions and it mainly comes with two years of warranty. Sometimes you may face problems like slow internet speed, etc. while working with your router. So in that case, you need to reset Arris router to bring it back to a working state. Rolling back to factory default settings enhances the network performance and prevents your device from external threats. Here, in this guide, we have mentioned simple steps that you can follow to reset the Arris router and modem.
How do I Reset Arris Router to Factory Settings?
You can reconfigure network settings like the network name and WiFi password by resetting the router. There are following two methods to reset your router settings, i.e., using its reset button or via the router web interface. Let’s discuss each of them in detail in this section:
Method 01: Reset using the reset button
Follow the below-mentioned steps to reset using the WPS Button on Arris router:
- Firstly, locate the Reset Button on your Arris router or modem, which is usually available on the back of the device. If you are still unable to find the button, search online for the router model you’re using. You can also check the router manuals as it has a detailed diagram and outline of each component.
- Once you find the button, press and hold it for at least 15-20 seconds. It is advised to use a pen or paperclip for pressing the button.
- Wait for few minutes till the reset process is complete.
Method 02: Reset using the router web interface
If you are unable to reset your router using the WPS button, try to reset it using the web interface. All you have to do is:
- First of all, you need to log in to your Arris router or modem.
- Navigate to the “Security” or “Utilities” section (this depends on your router model).
- Select the option to factory reset the device to default settings.
- Wait for some time till the reset process is completed.
Arris factory reset not working? Check Common Causes
Sometimes, you may face problems while resetting the Arris router and it is important to fix the issue at the earliest. Given below are some common causes of this issue:
- There might be a minor bug in your Arris wired or wireless router.
- The poor condition of the cables connecting your Asus router is also the main cause of its improper working.
- Outdated wifi drivers installed in your system are also responsible for its resetting issues. In such cases, it is advised to update such drivers as this will fix the problems that occur while using the router.
- You will see the problem with the web interface of Arris site when the setup has not been done properly.
How do I Change Arris WiFi Password?
Instances may arise when you need to reset or change the WiFi password on an Arris modem. You can do the same using the arris router login page. For this:
- Open any web browser in your system and then type “192.168.0.1” in the search bar.
- Type “cusadmin” as username and current password as the password.
- Click the “Manage Wi-Fi Network” option.
- Now, navigate to the 2.4G or 5G tab for which you need to set a new password.
- Then, enter a new network password in the Passphrase field.
- At last, click Apply and then close the window.
Rebooting or resetting the router is a simple process and it can offer you benefits in the long run. Hopefully, the above-mentioned steps help you to reset the Arris router. If you have some other questions related to Arris internet or Arris Wi-Fi you would want answers to, you can contact Arris Customer Service via call or email. The professional experts are always available to guide you as necessary.