Networking is getting more advanced every day. Now, you don’t have to be near specific devices to access their settings, alter some functionalities, or control them. Instead, you can access a few particular devices remotely; ASUS routers are some of them. ASUS lets its users adjust the settings, details, and other functionalities remotely without being near the routers while having devices connected. The brand introduced this way of communication since it’s more convenient than the other methods.
There are two main ways to access the ASUS routers remotely: the web-based platform and the mobile app. This post discusses both ways to get your job done. You can quickly figure out the right way to access your router at home while sitting in your office. In addition, we have also added a few essential troubleshooting instructions in this post while covering some precautionary steps. Read this post to learn how to access ASUS router remotely, save time, and carefully do what you want without any issues.
Setup Your ASUS Router For Remote Access
There are two methods to access the ASUS routers remotely. But even before that, setting up your ASUS router for remote access is essential. Although you can access the routers remotely, you first need to allow remote access using the web-based ASUS Web GUI. Hence, I’ll introduce you to this method if you haven’t been given access to remote communication. Once this is done, you can successfully access the router. The method is included as follows:
Step 1: Set up the wireless router using the wired connection.
- Connect the wireless router’s AC adaptor’s one end to the DC-IN slot while the other power-input end is to the wall socket or power outlet.
- Use the bundled network cable to connect your computer to the router’s LAN outlet by plugging the appropriate ends into the correct slots.
Step 2: Login into the ASUS Router Web GUI.
- Open a browser tab and navigate to this web link, [https://router.asus.com/], to access the login portal.
- Enter your credentials, username, and password, and click sign in.
Step 3: Locate the Remote Access settings.
- Once you’re logged in, go to Administration > System.
- Find the Remote Access Config at the bottom of the page. Remember, you may have to scroll down the page to go there.
Step 4: Apply and save settings.
- Select “Yes” to the Enable Web Access from WAN. Once you have enabled this option, all the HTTPS connections can access Web GUI remotely.
- Enter 8443 in the HTTPS Port of Web Access from WAN. This specifies the port used for the config ASUS wireless router.
- Click Apply once you have done with the setup.
Note: You have set up everything you need to access the ASUS router remotely. Next, we’ll look at the methods you can use to access the routers.
How To Access ASUS Router Remotely?
Here, we’ll discuss two methods to access the ASUS router remotely: Web GUI and the ASUS Router app. Let’s explore both methods in no time!
1. Using ASUS Web GUI
As in the previous setup for remotely controlling the ASUS router, we set the default port to 8443. Therefore, you can use https://[WAN IP]:8443 or https://[DDNS name]:8443 to launch the user web interface.
Step 1: Double-Check your status and fetch the link.
- For this, go to Network Map. Check the internet status that must be Connected and DDNS that may vary from user to user.
- Enable your DDNS and copy the web link, which is https//wltest2020.asuscomm.com:8443 in my case.
- Once done, click the Apply button.
Step 2: Log in to the Web GUI and access the ASUS router.
- Enter the DDNS link on the web page and open it.
- Enter your login details, username and password, and click Sign In.
- Once logged in, you will have remote access to your ASUS router.
2. Using ASUS Remote app
Another way to access the ASUS Router remotely is by using ASUS Router App, a mobile-based application for iOS and Android devices. If your router is compatible with this, you can use it to do many things to your router, including updating the firmware, checking the internet status, supervising the connection, and more. The method to access the router via the app is given as follows:
Step 1: Make the ASUS Router app ready.
- Connect your mobile phone to the same router.
- Install the app if it isn’t on your mobile phone.
- If it’s already installed on your mobile phone, open it.
Step 2: Sign in to the application.
- The next step is to sign in to the app. Enter your username and password to do this.
- Once done, proceed to the following process.
Step 3: Access the particular router you want to control remotely.
- Once you’re in the app, locate the Manage and tap on it.
- You will get all the names of the connected router here. Choose the one you want to access remotely.
- After this, you’ll be redirected to the default login page. Log in to it, enable the remote connection, and tap OK to confirm the action.
Step 4: Manage the ASUS router’s remote settings.
- Disable the public access on the ASUS router’s administrative interface.
- Here, you can also do many other supervisory actions. Do whatever is given and what you want.
Note: Suppose you have a mesh WiFi system. In such a case, this post is still relevant to you. All the steps to access a mesh WiFi system are the same as discussed in this article. It may be possible that a few terminologies are different, but the method is still the same. In short, the methods discussed in the post about remotely controlling the ASUS WiFi router are also applicable to mesh WiFi systems.